Josef Sudek. Profily/1: z praci mistru ceskoslovenske fotografie. Panorama Publishers, Prague, 1980. Cardboard folio containing 18 high quality Bromoil copy prints selected by Josef Prosek, Petr Tausk and Petr Zora from negatives in Sudek's archive. Prints measure 11.75 x 8 in. 27 pp. booklet with text and biographical notes by Peter Tausk (text in Czech, Russian, German, English, and French). Additional, graphically illustrated title plate. Printed captions on versos of all prints.
The first in a beautifully produced series featuring Czech photographers.
Images are as follows:
1. Sunday afternoon on the Kaolin Island, 1926
2. Detail from St. Vitus Cathedral, 1924-1928
3. Still life with a pitcher, 1926
4. View from my studio window (no year)
5. The garden of a lady scupture, 1953
6. Window of my studio, 1954
7. White rose bud, 1954
8. Bunch of Meadow Flowers (no year)
9. The garden I am watching, 1955
10. Still life with dead leaves, 1956
11. Still life ater Caravaggio, 1959
12. In the magic garden, 1959
13. From the cycle "Glass Labyrinths", 1968 14. From the cycle "Glass Labyrinths", 1968 15. Central Bohemian Highlands, 1955
16. In the magic garden, 1955
17. From the cycle "Prague gardens" - the Castle from the Lobkovitz garden, 1956
18. Victory, 1976
Some photos with just a trace of wear at upper corner; 1 photo with small area of discoloration in white border (from staple of booklet--.5 in./1.25 cm). Folio reinforced with tape along length of 1 in./2.5 cm; fore-edge of flap with short repaired tear(1.75 in./4 cm.).