The Western Australian Wheatbelt.
Photographs by Brad Rimmer.
T&G Publishing, 2010. 96 pp., 51 color illustrations, 9x10¼".
'I was worried about revisiting my old home and going inside the house, but I had no real connection at all. Everything that was in my mind had gone and I felt a strange relief. On my way out of town that evening I thought of how many people had left and never returned, just left for good. I'd never thought about that before.'
Silence is Brad Rimmer's intensely personal and sometimes painful monograph of life in the once-thriving wheatbelt towns of Western Australia. Born in Wyalkatchem in 1962, Rimmer chose at nineteen to escape what he saw then as a bleak future. In Silence, he presents images that capture the region's permeating dust, heat and isolation and negotiates a delicate balance between hope and despair in his frank portraits of those who remain.
About the Limited Edition
LIMITED BOXED EDITION WITH TWO PRINTS
The limited edition of fifty boxed sets of Silence: the Western Australian wheatbelt includes:
• Silence: the Western Australian wheatbelt, T&G Publishing, Sydney. 2010. Hardcover book 23 x 25.6 cm / 9 x 10 in.
96 pages, 51 colour photographs. Introduction by Brad Rimmer. Essays by Susan Bright and Paola Anselmi.
Numbered and signed by the photographer.
• A Certificate of Authenticity, signed and numbered with edition.
• Custom-made box case (30.3 x 38.5 x 6.5 cm / 12 x 15 x 2.5 in).
• Two Type-C prints on Fuji Crystal Archive Flex (28 x 35.6 cm / 11 x 14 in) numbered and signed by the
photographer, in polyester sleeves.
• Cotton gloves to safeguard print while handling.
Read George Slade's review of Silence in photo-eye Magazine.
ZE081-LTD Limited Edition is no longer available.