Parr by Parr.
Discussions with a promiscuous photographer.
By Quentin Bajac with photographs by Martin Parr.
Schilt Publishing, 2011. 128 pp., 30 illustrations, 6¼x8¼".
1. A Glimmer of Hope - The early years.
2. A British obsession - About the 80s and being English: Bad weather, last resort, cost of living, sign of the times.
3. A Promiscuous Photographer - Parr's obsessions becoming international in the 90s (small world, common sense) and the diversification of his work (press, mode, advertising).
4. The advantage of Being Magnum - Parr's history with Magnum since 88/89 and his position today between documentary and art.
5. The Maturity of Time - His taste for spreading photography more widely (exhibitions, books) and his activities especially in the last 5 or 6 years (as an editor, etc.)